The past eighteen months have been challenging for people throughout the world. We have faced difficulties we never imagined and overcame much. While some people went through the struggle of losing their jobs, many found the freedom to pursue different avenues of employment that turned out to be something of a blessing in disguise.
With the advent of working remotely, individuals and families are not bound to live near the location of a company’s office building. Tens of thousands of people have taken the opportunity to move to a place that fits their lifestyle. North Carolina, where Johnston Casuals is based, has welcomed many new residents to every city and town in the state.
Whether you have recently relocated to a new home (and possibly a new city), or you have been stuck at home and are ready to make some changes, you probably look at decorations and interior design in one of two ways: you love it, or you hate it. Either way, you may benefit from hiring an interior designer.
In this article, we want to help answer when to bring in professional help for setting up your home.
What Is Interior Design?
Interior design is the art and the science of how we interact with our indoor spaces. It is the study of how spaces make us feel, how decor affects us, and how all the items in an area work together as one to accomplish our aesthetic and vibe goals.
Interior design is a highly specialized field. The majority of successful interior designers have studied for years, certified, and are well-versed in a variety of talents such as graphic design, architecture, decorative arts, and lighting design.
A professional interior designer can take your vision for your home and make it a reality.
Professional Interior Design for People Who Love It
If you love taking an active role in decor, why would you ever hire a professional?
- A professional has the expertise to bring your dreams to life.
- A professional will be able to answer questions about how certain pieces and colors will affect the overall mood of a room.
- A professional will have more time and connections to find the right pieces on which to center room designs.
- A professional will be able to tell you yes or no to certain pieces.
- A professional will know from whom to buy the best furniture to make your spaces feel open.
- A professional will be on top of the absolute latest trends.
Professional Interior Design for People Who Hate It
If you hate the idea of decorating your home, why would you ever hire a professional?
- A professional will keep you from having to decorate on your own.
- A professional will be able to take even the vaguest request from you and your family and run with it.
- A professional will have already done all the research you don’t want to do.
- A professional will be able to determine the vision for your home that you didn’t even know you had.
- A professional has experience working with people just like you.
- A professional can see your space and know how to make it seem more open and pleasing.
When to Bring In a Professional Interior Designer
Whether you love or hate design and decor, there are plenty of reasons to lean on the expertise of a professional. Here are a few key times when it makes sense to hire an interior designer:
- New Home: If you have moved into a new house or apartment, hiring a professional interior designer can help you quickly make it feel like home.
- Change: Have you recently celebrated a significant birthday, sent kids off to college, brought home a new baby or pet, or gone through some significant change? This would be a great time to bring in an interior designer to change up the mood and feel of your home.
- Time: Is your furniture aging? If so, as you search for new furniture, it would be a good idea to work with an interior designer to make all your pieces work together. If there is a style of furniture you prefer, such as handcrafted metal furniture, your designer will help you build your spaces around it.
- Holidays: Sometimes, you may not need wholesale changes to your home’s design, but you want to make sure it reflects the festive nature of the holidays. An interior designer can help you quickly convert your home to a Christmas or Thanksgiving wonderland.
- Work and School: If there are people working or going to school remotely, they need spaces that help them focus, facilitate creativity, and make studying or working less of a chore. An interior designer can make sure your home office spaces are inspiring.
- Family: Is your family complaining that your home’s interior seems dated and drab? It may be time to bring in a professional to help make sure your home reflects your mood.
- It’s Just Time: The time for bringing in a professional may simply be because you’re in the mood to change.
If you are working with a professional interior designer, Johnston Casuals is here to help. We provide high-quality, classy, handcrafted metal furniture that is perfect for making your spaces feel elegant, open, and modern. Each piece is a work of art, so interior designers often seek us out.
Contact us for more information about our furniture and how it will fit with your mood and decor.