It has been a tale of two years for small businesses. 2020 was one of the most challenging years for restaurants in recent memory. The service industry depends on customers, so they were disproportionately impacted by shelter-in-place mandates.
Even in the best of times, cafes, coffee shops, and bars often have thin margins. When faced with the prospect of months without income, some were forced to close their doors for the final time.
However, for those that made it, things bounced back, and now many are busier than ever. Now, new restaurants, coffee shops, and bars are cutting ribbons and serving customers.
If you are opening or renovating a restaurant, you are going to be making a number of furniture choices. In this article, we want to help you choose the perfect barstools for your space.
What Styles of Barstools Are Available for Restaurants?
- Backless: One of the most popular styles is a backless barstool. These stools, which are usually circular in shape, are ideal if you want to preserve room and keep stools tucked beneath your counter. Keep in mind, however, that a backless stool may not always be the most comfortable option and may prevent your visitors from sitting for too long.
- Barstools with arms: These are a fantastic choice if you anticipate people spending significant time at your restaurant or coffee shop’s bar. If you anticipate people working remotely or conducting business meetings at the bar, these stools will provide comfortable arm support. Just make sure you choose a barstool with arms that can fit under the bar top.
- Swivel Stools: Some barstools may be rather hefty, depending on the structure and material. Selecting one with a swivel feature eliminates the need for you or your guests to move back and forth from your counter.
- Upholstered Stools: If your bar serves as your primary seating area, upholstered stools are a classy option for your restaurant or bar. They’re more comfortable than non-cushioned styles, and they’ll give your bar eating a more formal feel.
- Wood: Wood barstools are popular and can work with almost any design. Choose a wooden barstool with an upholstered cushion for extra comfort. If you want to utilize wood barstools outside, you will need to opt for heavier woods like teak, eucalyptus, or acacia, as they are more weather and pest resistant.
- Metal: Metal barstools have a streamlined profile that makes them perfect for compact settings and those with an industrial or futuristic feel. They’re durable and require little maintenance. They are also quick and easy to clean.
- Rattan and Wicker: Rattan and wicker barstools are informal and classic pieces of furniture that work inside any restaurant or outside under covered outdoor spaces. They’re light enough to carry around and are available in a range of colors, materials, and patterns.
How Should You Choose the Style for Your Restaurant?
There are a lot of factors to consider before choosing the right style of barstool for your restaurant. Answering these questions will help you make the best choice:
- How will the barstools fit with the interior design of your restaurant?
- Is your bar concrete, ornate wood, or granite?
- Will your barstools be used at tables as well?
- Are you furnishing indoor and/or outdoor spaces?
- How high is your bar?
- Will people be primarily getting quick drinking or eating full meals?
- Are there outlets at your bar that will encourage staying for a while?
- What is the overall vibe of your restaurant?
Answering these questions will help you choose beautiful barstools that will enhance your space.
How Many Barstools Do You Need?
Determining how many barstools you need may be a factor in choosing the style. If you have a large bar that will require many stools, you might choose something more functional and utilitarian.
For spaces that can only accommodate a few stools, you may have the budget to choose an ornate option. Each person at the bar should have at least 24″ of space.
From Whom Should You Purchase Barstools?
Barstools are an investment. You want to make the right choice. Restaurant owners do not want to have to replace them if they turn out to be of inferior quality or the style does not ultimately fit your interior design.
When it comes to quality, style, and function, Johnston Casuals has many barstool options that will fit well in your bar or restaurant. We start with steel tubes, bars, and sheet stock, then cut, fabricate, weld, assemble, powder coats, add a seat or glass, and then wrap it all up.
After that, the completed product is packaged and distributed throughout the United States and the rest of the world. With our commitment to quality and beauty, we can help you find the right barstools for your space. Contact us with your questions about restaurant barstools and other furniture.